We LOVE feedback! Leave us a few words below:
“Craftsmanship is awesome.”
This is such a beautiful, unique guest house.It certainly is one of a kind. The craftsmanship is awesome. Anyone who stays here will come away with an ultra relaxed feeling. I hope you treat yourselves! I was fortunate enough to get a tour for future accommodations. Thank you Shawn!
“One of the best”
"One of the 5 best places I've ever stayed of the 168 resorts/hotels I've visited in the past 9 years as a travel writer"
Golf Getaways Senior writer
Minnesota Monthly Magazine
"Every inch has been carefully and thoughtfully planned, and it made our stay cozy and welcoming"
— N & M
“Every detail a work of art.”
“Your guest house is a masterpiece! Every detail a work of art. The brick placement, the round bench, the creative use of recycled materials- great examples of sustainable living. We’ve never a rented a place with such a well-stocked kitchen and high end appliances! Especially enjoyed the organic cotton sheets- such luxury! And then to top off our weekend we had great cross-country skiing. Hope to return!”
“Attention to detail.”
“Awesome. Beautiful premises and guest house. Amazing attention to detail from the craftsmanship of the guest house to the amenities provided. Well equipped with everything…. Even seasonings, oil, and cliff bars. Close to downhill skiing and even had a trail that hooked up with major xc ski routes. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back. Thank you Shawn!”
“You thought of everything”
"You thought of everything! We found the guest house well stocked. Very comfortable and lovely. So much attention to detail- you did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing your guest house with us. It’s a refreshing though that finally a place exists that truly meets and exceeds “green” and sustainable living.”
"Truly amazing! The weekend was relaxing and comfortable, with options of biking, hiking, reading, playing with the chickens, baking bread… Or just relaxing in the super comfy bed. This place impressed us all and the service is top-notch. Imagine Ritz-Carlton quality, vintage charm and beautiful wilderness. One can not be more comfortable."
Why our guests choose Green Gate Guest Houses for their vacation:
- Unique, historic architectural experience: Choose from a modern, high-performance barn home built using salvaged materials from times past, a charmingly-renovated century-old farmhouse, an 1890s Finnish hand-hew log cabin, or our two lakefront properties at Giants Ridge. Once you reach Green Gate, you won’t want to leave!
- Private, historic location: Our 13 acre Slovenian farmstead was once the site of a turn-of-the-century iron mining town and is now the location of the Barn Home, Farmhouse, Log Cabin and Miner's House vacation rentals. (Our villa and condo properties are located at Giants Ridge, just a few miles up the road!)
- Next to everything! Close proximity to skiing, cycling, golfing, disc golfing, hiking, paddling, river tubing, swimming, birding, fishing, scuba diving…you name it!
- A true sustainable tourism destination: “Greening” a business takes more than changing light bulbs and re-using towels; We are passionate about sustainable design and living, and focused towards creating healthy, efficient homes.
- A foodie’s kitchen: We want Green Gate to be your home away from home, so our kitchens come well-stocked with everything needed to prepare your meals (right down to the spices!)
- Rejuvenate in a healthy house: We source natural/organic linens, natural building materials, non-toxic finishes and cleaning products.
- Spa treatment! Our local professionals are available by appointment for spa treatments at Giants Ridge, just a few miles away.
- The special little details: Our favorite selection of coffee and teas. Natural soaps and shampoo. Endless campfire wood. Tips on the best ski/bike/hike trails…customer service is paramount, and we strive to ensure every guest has a memorable experience at Green Gate.